“Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.” 1 Corinthians 15:58 NIV.
Consistency is defined as “showing steady conformity to character, profession, belief, or custom.”
For any plan to be successful there is one ingredient that is extremely important to the mix. That is consistency. We love to look at the person who has made it in his/her chosen career and wish we could be there. We oftentimes overlook the process that they had to go through to get there. In addition to the process also consider that, that person may have wanted to give up on the plans that they had. But because they stayed consistent they were able to achieve what they set out to do.
There are many obstacles that can come in the way of you achieving your goal. Discouragement, Procrastination, Distractions are just a few.
Here is how you can stand firm in your plans and continue to be consistent.
- Stand firm – don’t allow any force to move you. Be decided in your mind about what you are going to do and the end result.
- Don’t be moved – you already have an end goal in mind that you determined before you started your work. Don’t change because of what the change in circumstances. Keep believing that you will achieve what you set out to do.
- Give yourself fully to your work – get locked in to your work. We the wind comes and tries to move you, that is the time when you need to be even more focused on your goal and give 150% of yourself towards it.
- Remember that it’s not in vain – keep in mind that there is a harvest or reward waiting for you when you reach the finish line. This should keep you motivated to keep moving forward.
What to do when you feel like you’ve been waiting long enough?
What I do when I feel anxious and want the end result now is a good scripture that I try to remember. Aside from 1 Cor 15:58, there are also instructions in Philippians 4:6 It says, “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” Philippians 4:6 NIV.
Is this verse there are some clear instructions that we can use to help us. Let’s break down Philippians 4:6 NIV
- Don’t be anxious – we live in a microwave society I know but what this is saying is the promise will come in the right time. That right time is not now…. But it’s coming.
- Pray – by praying you are releasing Gods resources to do a few things for you. First of all, God will strengthen you to endure the waiting. Secondly, prayer will allow revelation to come to you about your next steps. Also, God will release his angles to help you where you need it. (There are many other things that happen when we pray. I just wanted to name a few)
- Give thanks – giving thanks is a secret weapon for Christians. Giving thanks is a declaration of our faith that God will come through for us in a positive way. Faith also pleases God
- Let God know – Throughout your entire journey towards your goal, remember that God wants to walk with you. Our Heavenly Father wants a relationship with us. So remember to communicate with Him daily. Talk to him like he was your spouse, friend or business partner.
Keeping these two verses in mind will help you to develop consistency and consistency is the key to the realization of any goal. Believe that if you have a good and worthy goal that God put it there. Invite the Holy Spirit in the journey with you and peruse it with all your heart. By Gods grace as you go in Jesus name you will be successful. Be steadfast, unmovable, and always abounding in good works. Keep moving forward.
I would love to hear your thoughts. Leave a comment below if there was anything that stood out from this article to you. If you haven’t yet, subscribe and share this link with your friends.